TeachMeet ICT NE London held on 31st March 2009 at CEME was a really enjoyable event. Jointly organised by the HIAS and Redbridge LA ICT Teams it gathered together teachers, ICT consultants/advisors/inspectors, teaching assistants, headteachers, journalists and other interested parties from across London and SouthEast England. Held during an evening on the last week before the Easter holidays it had the following outcomes:-
- Over 100 delegates and presenters
- Innovative ideas that inspired and challenged – Max Wainewright’s unveiling of the 2simple 3D computer-aided design software and Ollie Bray’s Google Earth session being of real note, as well as the launching of the new CC4G site
- Almost £600 raised to send to help towards rebuilding a Cuban school destoyed by Hurricane Ike
- 10 top sponsors – with a mini exhibition sharing ideas and products
- The installation of full cinema projection and surround sound at CEME to benefit future events
All of this – FREE to delegates!
In the spirit of ICT driving change, here are some of the blogposts following the TeachMeet NE London event to act as feedback on the conference.
http://nstoneit.com/?p=69 “It was just what the doctor ordered.”
Also, soon to be featured on Merlin John Online… http://www.agent4change.net/
Check out some of the photos of the event at http://www.flickr.com/groups/959703@N25/
Many thanks for everyone who attended, participated and helped to promote the event. Here’s looking to the next one.