In light of the new national curriculum requirements, Switched on Computing will be published in February 2014. This is a new (and renamed) edition of Switched on ICT, which includes the best of Switched on ICT combined with new and exciting units to enable teachers to deliver the Programme of Study for Computing quickly, easily and with confidence.
Switched on Computing will help you deliver the new Programme of Study for computing with ease and confidence. Written for the new curriculum, Switched on Computing offers creative units using the latest software in a format that is designed for teachers of all levels of experience to pick up and use.
- Covers the new Programme of Study for computing, including programming and computational thinking
- Delivers clear progression of skills from Year 1 to Year 6
- Supports teachers of all levels of experience with software demos and detailed step-by-step planning
- Embeds e-Safety to ensure safe and responsible use of technology
Switched on Computing includes six flexible units for each year group covering:
- Computational thinking
- Computer networks
- Communication and collaboration
Each pack contains:
Clear and easy to follow with:
- Six units – one for each half term
- Step-by-step teacher support
- Detailed advice on preparing for the tasks
- Extension ideas and curriculum links
- Assessment guidance
- E-safety pathway and checklist
The fully networkable CD-ROM includes:
- Software in 60 seconds on-screen software demos
- Unit-specific resources including example of outcomes and data sets
- PDFs of the Teacher’s Book content
- Editable versions of the unit posters
- A resource bank of sound effects and photos
- Excel- and Word-based Progress Tracker, open badges and pupil self-assessment record prompts
- E-safety guidance
- Permanent whole-school site licence
These brief the pupils on each unit and:
- Help engage them with the activities
- Offer top tips on completing the task
Click here for a list of your questions about the new scheme.
You can also follow @SwitchedOnComp to keep up to date with news.